Added by brna, on 2013-01-28, at 2:06 PM, with 195 views, in : Android
Connected to pc but charging only
Well, I haven't seen this problem before so I can only advise you on a couple of basic steps that I would take.
1. Switch off your phone.
2. Remove battery, SIM, and memory card and leave phone like that for at least 30 seconds.
2.1 If you have an SD card adapter or a USB Micro SD card reader, try putting your Micro SD into that and connect it directly to the computer to see what happens. If you still can't access it then it must be a problem with the memory card.
2.2 If you have connected the memory card directly to the computer try to see what the file format is. It should be FAT32 with a 32Kb alocation unit. This file system offers the best space / performance ratio for large memory card of 2GB or more.
3. Now, put your memory card, SIM and battery back in and switch it on again and wait for about 5 minutes to be 100% sure that all startup applications are up and running.
4. Go to the Setting > Connect to PC and mare sure the 'Ask me' option is selected.
5. Now, while making the sure the screen is NOT in standby (i.e. screen is not off and not locked), connect the phone to the computer.
6. The phone should ask you on-screen what type of connection you want.
7. Select 'Disk Drive' and click on done (or whatever the OK button is, I don't know it by heart).
Now, if you still can't access the memory card from you computer then you may have a problem. The next thing I would do is make sure that the USB port on the computer is not damaged or something. So, just to make sure, try connecting it to a different USB port. You should also try to connect it to a different computer and see if that works. Because if it does, it means that there may be a problem with your computer.