Malioglasnik.com.hr

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Help & Info » Help » If your site has been hacked or the password has been stolen
If your site has been hacked or the password has been stolen
BassoDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-08, 0:54 AM | Message # 1
Group: Moderator
Awards: 2

Who hacks sites?
In most cases your site is hacked by your acquaintances, friends, classmates etc.

Why are sites hacked?
Sites are usually hacked for fun because as a rule your sites do not contain any valuable information which a hacker could use for mercenary ends.

Whose fault it is?
This is only YOUR fault because you do not fulfill the elementary security requirements.

How to protect a site form hacking?

* Do not log in to your Control Panel from somebody else’s computer, from an internet café, institute, school etc.
* If you still entered Control Panel from somebody else’s computer never save your password in a browser and always click "Logout" button before you close a browser.
* Don’t give your passwords to anyone.
* Use different passwords for everything (e-mail, Control Panel, user-administrator etc.).
* Don’t use easy passwords (123456, 123qwe, qwerty, password, mypass etc.). Your passwords must look like this: jDk9eu8kd (i.е. a random set of characters).
* Do not allow ordinary users to add news, blog entries and so on everywhere where they are allowed to use HTML. Remember that it is only YOU who need this site. If you have friends who want to help you with your site, move them to another group (e.g. "Checked") and allow this group to add information to the site.
* Do not assign people who you don’t know well as administrators and moderators.

If you have a problem about Intellectual property rights violation,

Please Contact Us we remove all content within 24 hours.

Forum » Help & Info » Help » If your site has been hacked or the password has been stolen
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Forum Advice
Security advice: Protect your identity when downloading!
Your real identity and ip address is visible while downloading. These days, everyone's looking to throttle your connection, spy on what you're downloading, or even send you an ominous letter. If you use BitTorrent, you absolutely need to take precautions to hide your identity. An easy and raliable solution is a VPN by hide.me. Hide.me doesn't store any logs and offers blazing fast connections.Hide.me VPN is trustedby more than 500.000 internet users worldwide and recommended by Brna.my1.ru.