Malioglasnik.com.hr

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Help & Info » Help » Disable Automatic Startup Scan In ESET (v4)
Disable Automatic Startup Scan In ESET
BassoDate: Sunday, 2010-03-21, 12:21 PM | Message # 1
Group: Moderator
Awards: 2

Disable Automatic Startup Scan In ESET v4

Disable Automatic Startup Scan In ESET
As you all might of noticed by now, at every system restart or startup ESET tends to cause some lag in the system while its performing the “Automatic Startup Scan“.

Now this can be a pain, especially if you’re not the patient type, so here is how to shut down the process.

Now going into the scheduler and unticking “Automatic Startup File Check” will not work. What we need to close is the actual service/module the scheduler uses to perform this scan.

So…..weather you use ESS or EAV here is how to disable the damn service.

1. Open up the GUI
2. Go to Tools -> Scheduler, and untick “Automatic Startup File Check”
3. After that is done press F5, and select the “Real-Time File System Protection” tab (can’t figure of a good name for it…tree..tab..row w/e)
4. Untick Both “Enable Real-Time File System Protection” and “Start Real-Time File System Protection Automatically”
5. Press OK
6. Reboot
7. Done

Again I mention that this is for only the impatient type. Once you untick those services you disable all forms of real-time scanning/preventing. The real-time protection module should only be permanently disabled when using another resident protection along with EAV/ESS.

But if you have the right mind, and know what is right and what is wrong (can distinguish between good crack sites, and bad ones), then you should be perfectly safe even with the real-time scanner disabled.

If you have a problem about Intellectual property rights violation,

Please Contact Us we remove all content within 24 hours.

Forum » Help & Info » Help » Disable Automatic Startup Scan In ESET (v4)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:
Forum Advice
Security advice: Protect your identity when downloading!
Your real identity and ip address is visible while downloading. These days, everyone's looking to throttle your connection, spy on what you're downloading, or even send you an ominous letter. If you use BitTorrent, you absolutely need to take precautions to hide your identity. An easy and raliable solution is a VPN by hide.me. Hide.me doesn't store any logs and offers blazing fast connections.Hide.me VPN is trustedby more than 500.000 internet users worldwide and recommended by Brna.my1.ru.